The well-being of the county’s citizens and guests is a priority for us at Rockingham County Tourism. We have been closely monitoring the numerous updates and gathering resources as they become available in an effort to help manage and maintain the county’s tourism infrastructure.
Below is an evolving list of resources pertaining to COVID-19 announcements, programs, and information to help navigate through all the wonderful adventures to be had in Rockingham County. If you are aware of anything that needs to be added to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Contact Information
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline-1866-432-3821
- Retail establishments may open with 50% capacity and allow for 6 feet distancing between patrons.
- Onsite dining in restaurants with limitations.
- Indoor and outdoor pools may open with 50% capacity.
- Parks and trails are open with certain guidelines.
- Drive-in movie theaters can open and are not considered mass gathering if patrons remain in cars.
- Under the current order, PUBLIC PLAYGROUNDS REMAIN CLOSED.
Tourism Business Information
For those tourism businesses looking for information on how to navigate COVID-19 and the impact the pandemic is having on your business, please visit our Economic Development site here.