The well-being of the county’s citizens and guests is a priority for us at Rockingham County Tourism. We have been closely monitoring the numerous updates and gathering resources as they become available in an effort to help manage and maintain the county’s tourism infrastructure.
Below is an evolving list of resources pertaining to COVID-19 announcements, programs, and information to help navigate through all the wonderful adventures to be had in Rockingham County. If you are aware of anything that needs to be added to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Contact Information
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline-1866-432-3821
May 20, 2020, Governor Roy Cooper has declared North Carolina to be in “Phase II” of his executive order and on June 24, extended Phase II until Friday, July 17th. The “Safer at Home” order outlines several guidelines including the requirement of face coverings while out in public when physical distancing of 6 feet is not possible. This executive order 141 the following can occur:
– Retail establishments may open with 50% capacity and allow for 6 feet distancing between patrons.
– Onsite dining in restaurants with limitations.
– Indoor and outdoor pools may open with 50% capacity.
– Parks and trail are open with certain guidelines.
– Drive-in movie theaters can open and are not considered mass gathering if patrons remain in cars.
– Under the current order, PUBLIC PLAYGROUNDS REMAIN CLOSED.
Click here for the complete order and for all guidelines and restrictions.
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions provided by the State.
Tourism Business Information
For those tourism businesses looking for information on how to navigate COVID-19 and the impact the pandemic is having on your business, please visit our Economic Development site here.