Smith River Butterfly Trail Coming Soon
We are excited to announce a new physical activity outlet will soon be unveiled in Eden…the Smith River Butterfly Trail! Opening date will be announced SOON!
- The 1.7 mile Smith River Greenway invites nature lovers to enjoy the Butterfly Trail, with an introduction at the trailhead located at the picnic shelter just off Meadow Road.
- They will be greeted with large butterfly art installations for photo opportunities.
- Visitors can learn about native NC butterflies and go on a scavenger hunt on the trail to find many of them.
- They will find butterfly art installations among the trees.
- The collection includes 8 large butterflies, 12 medium and over 50 small butterflies.
- There are two large sets of Butterfly wings for photos along with a headboard with butterfly art and steps.