TDA Now Accepting Annual Promotional Grant Applications
The Rockingham County Tourism Development Authority is currently accepting Promotional Grant Applications.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. April 26, 2019
Click HERE for the application.
The Tourism Development Authority Board will only entertain grant applications that
meet with the following criteria:
1. As the TDA is solely funded by the local hotel/motel occupancy tax, multi-day
events must expect to generate documented guest room nights within Rockingham
County. Future grant approvals will be greatly influenced by these documented
2. Applications must show projected number of attendees, vendors or participants.
The Project Funding Evaluation and Accountability form must show calculation
used for stated attendance.
3. Grant applications can only be submitted through public sector or not-for-profit
4. Grant requests must not exceed 50% of event marketing budget. A complete event
budget including marketing expenses must be submitted with grant application.
5. New or first time grant requests should expect no more than $1000.
6. A target of 75% of current year grant budget will be set aside for multi-day events
that meet the above criteria. A target of 25% of this is set aside for single-day
events or those requests that are consistent with the Mission
Statement of the Tourism Development Authority.
Review the full Grant Guidelines HERE.